Last updated Aug 27, 2012
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our services, features and content, to administer your use of the Services, and to enable you and other people that visit us to enjoy and easily navigate the Site, Application and Services.
Personally Identifiable Information
- Registration. In order to access certain features of the Services, you must register to create an Account and become a “Member”. In connection with your registration and creation of your social profile we will ask you to provide us with, or grant us access to or permission to obtain certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you; personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, a photograph of you, your phone number, email address, and postal address (“Personal Information”). You may access our Services via the Application on the SNSs (including, but not limited to, Facebook) where we may decide to offer the Application. When you register via an SNS, we will extract the Personal Information and other information you have provided to the SNS (such as your “real” name, profile picture, your email address and other information you choose to make publicly available via the applicable SNS) from the account you have with the applicable SNS and use that information to create your Account. The specific information that we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS.
- Third Party Accounts. You have the option of authenticating your login credentials with certain Third Party Accounts via the Services. If you chose to do so, we will access your Third Party Accounts for the purpose of creating your Account in connection with registration as stated above, but also to collect information related to your activities on such Third Party Accounts to populate your profile page, provide you with our Interest Matching services and to generate your Me Score. Please note that where a third party service does not provide a means through which users can link their Third Party Account with the accounts of other online services like theComplete.me (e.g., via an API program), no information will be extracted from the Third Party Account. In these cases your display name or username with such Third Party Account will only be used as directed by you to indicate your use and/or membership of such third party service as part of the information on your profile page.By providing theComplete.me with the information required to access the Third Party Accounts via the Services, you understand that theComplete.me may access, retrieve and store content from Third Party Account in order to process the information therein and to make it available and viewable through the Services. Subject to the Section below “Information Sharing and Disclosure: Members and Public Profiles”, depending on the Third Party Account to which you provide theComplete.me access, information that is posted to your Third Party Account (including Personal Information) will be publicly available subject to the privacy settings you have set in your Account and those you have set via your Third Party Account, as applicable. Other online services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other online services you use. Please note that if the Third Party Account becomes unavailable or terminates our access to your Third Party Account, any new information from that Third Party Account will no longer be available or viewable via the Services. You have the ability to disable the connection between the Services and any Third Party Account that you have chosen to access via the Services at any time by deleting the connection via the Services.
- Combining Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information to Provide the Services. We also collect other information that you might provide as part of registering for theComplete.me or your use of the Services that does not identify you personally (including, but not limited to, your gender, zip code, city and state, date of birth, “relationship status”, interests and any descriptions of your interests via the Services) (“Non-Identifying Information”). In connection with your registration to use the Services, we will also ask you for certain information related to the type of individuals you are seeking as a potential date, friend or connection. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). As a Member, we will combine your Personal Information with your Non-Identifying Information to provide the Services to you – specifically, we will use your Personal Information in combination with Non-Identifying information to provide you with our Interest Matching services (e.g. “daily deals”) and to generate your Me Score.
- Advertising and Marketing. We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with theComplete.me newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or select the appropriate option in your Account information.
- Promotions. From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotions”) through the Site, Application and Services. If you decide to participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these Promotions is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to administer your participation in each Promotion.
When you visit the Site, Application and Services, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “theComplete.me Visitor”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Application, pages of our Site, Application and Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Application and via the Services, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site, Application and Services and for the Site, Application and Services’ technical administration, to increase our Site, Application and Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site, Application and Services to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site, Application and Services meet the criteria required to process their requests and to provide you with our Interest Matching services and to generate your Me Score.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
Third Party Cookies
] use session ID cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Public Profiles. When you register and submit your Personal Information to create an Account and profile page, as part of your “public profile” other Members will be able to view your display name, age, gender, “relationship status”, city and state and your profile photo(“Required Profile Data”) in addition to your Me Score. Additionally, by default, Members that visit your profile page can share certain parts of your public profile outside of theComplete.me, for example, via email or posting this information on SNSs. As stated above, you can populate your profile page by linking your Account with certain Third Party Accounts. For example, your social feeds, Connected Persons, photos and the other online services you use can be viewed by other Members subject to the privacy settings you set in your Account. If you choose to link certain SNSs accounts with your Account, however, certain data points like the number of “friends” and/or followers and photos associated with your linked SNS account (“Required SNS Account Data”) will be viewable as part of your public profile and you cannot prevent such Required SNS Account Data from showing up as part of your public profile without unlinking the applicable SNS from your Account or by “hiding” your entire profile page by changing your Account “Settings” via the Application. While your profile information is still available to theComplete.me, “hiding” your profile page sets your Account to “inactive” and during such time you will not be able to use the Services.
Profile Pages. As a theComplete.me Visitor you may post comments within the Services and otherwise interact with Members via their social profile page provided their privacy settings allow you to do so. For example, you can request an introduction to Connected Persons appearing in the social feed part of a Member”s profile page or request other information from the Member. If you engage in any interaction with a Member via the Services or post comments to his or her profile page, please remember that you may be disclosing to other theComplete.me Visitors Personal Information or Non-Identifying Information about yourself.
Member Search. As a Member the Required Profile Data and Required SNS Account Data part of your profile page information is available by default via the Services” search functionality to enable other Member to discover you, and your social networking activities, for example. Members can choose not to show up in search results by hiding their entire profile page by changing their Account “Settings” via the Application. As stated above, when your profile page is “hidden” your Account becomes inactive during which time you will not be able to use the Services.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising to you about other products and services.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site, Application and Services-related services (such as, maintenance services, providing user support, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site and Application”s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site, Application and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. theComplete.me cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of theComplete.me or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. theComplete.me may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Changing or Deleting Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by updating this information in their “user preferences” associated with their Account. However, if you want to make any changes to the information contained in a Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, your “relationship status”), you need to do that through the applicable Third Party Account.
If you completely delete all information in your Account, then your Account may become deactivated. You may email us at legal@theComplete.me with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request within 60 days of receipt. We will retain your information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Messaging via theComplete.me
Members may send messages to other Members through use of their Accounts. Where such Members have selected the option of sending a message to one or more Members, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from theComplete.me to the Accounts of those Members on their behalf.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to theComplete.me. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, passwords, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission”s website.
theComplete.me is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Notification
We will make any legally required disclosures of any compromise of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Data (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site or Application or via the Services in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site, Application and Services may contain links to other websites and online services. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party”s website or online service. The fact that we link to a website, content or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services. These other websites or services may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites and services you use.
Social Media Widgets
Our Policy Toward Children
The Site, Application and Services are not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information he or she should contact us at legal@theComplete.me. If we become aware that a Member is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information we will delete such information from our files.
Your information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, theComplete.me may transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process it there. By submitting any Personal Information to us, you explicitly consent to that transfer. As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing, and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Changes To This Policy
Enjoy using theComplete.me!